Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Which “Cup of Tea” would you prefer?

Which “Cup of Tea” would you prefer?


Tea is known for it soothing and refreshing drink around the world. No matter where we are, we still enjoy tea throughout our lives.

The habit of consumption of tea is traced way back in B.C. which is in China. And now, tea is spread all over the world, due to its health benefits of mankind. Tea contains one third caffeine than coffee.

As for me, I drink all sorts of tea, from Eastern to Western tea. I most prefer green tea. Though there’s a lot of tea better green tea, such as Oolong Tea, I chose green tea too. It’s not because I tasted Japanese green tea, which made me like green tea.


Green tea, which contains Camellia Sinensis, has many medical and scientific benefits. It was stated that those who consume green tea regularly might have lower chances of heart disease and also helps in weight loss.

The great things from green tea were two metabolites, theophilline and theobromine. Theophilline, which can helps cure respiratory problems such as asthma and control blood pressure (better than any other drug in use). Theobromine, on the other hand, can cure heart diseases and reduce hypertension to a great effect (just like chocolate). To top it up, theobromine drug is used to cure cancer in recent medical treatments.

Last but not the least, the wise used to say “Consume for whatever you have moderately, but not EXCESS”.





p.s. Maybe you can may find me and my friends drinking tea in campus. ^^

0 comments: